MCX Copper Live Price Today
Here is the latest mcx copper live price analysis and charts.
MCX Copper Live Price as on 22/09/21
On the MCX, Copper futures price change is about 1.91% to previous day close 695.40. The total volume of shares traded is 721.00.
Over the last one week copper price change is about -2.43%. Over the last 30 days, the price change is about -2.81%.
MCX Copper Live Price Chart
MCX Copper Trading System 1 :
How to Trade the MCX Copper Intraday Signals Live Price Chart
BUY Trade Entry
Green up arrow & candle stick must trade above the yellow trend line.
BUY Trade Exit
Trail Stop-loss as per green dotted lines or stop loss price given in text box or when a candle stick crosses below the yellow trend Line
SELL Trade Entry
Red Down arrow & candle stick must trade below the yellow trend line.
SELL Trade Exit
Trail Stop-loss as per red dotted lines or stop loss price given in text box or when a candle stick crosses above the yellow trend Line
We also expect the commodity copper futures to react on the above support and resistance levels for today.
*The below MCX Copper Live Price Charts are updated every 10 mins with auto refresh.
MCX Copper Trading System 2 :
How to Trade the MCX Copper Multiple Super Trend Chart
BUY Trade Entry
When both super trend indicators are in uptrend. In other words two green stop loss lines below the candlestick.
BUY Trade Exit
When either of the super trend goes in downtrend.
SELL Trade Entry
When both super trend indicators are in downtrend. In other words two red stop loss lines above the candlestick
SELL Trade Exit
When either of the super trend goes in uptrend.
We have further improved the famous super trend strategy by using two different super trend indicators for generating trade call signals. The strategy increase profits by almost 70% by using two super trend indicators and also helps in exiting fast from the market when the trend is not intact.
Copper Price Technical Analysis
Quant's Today Trend score for MCX Copper is 1
* A trend score of greater than 5 signals that the commodity is bullish for the day while trend score of less than 2 signals bearish trend*
RSI is 48.43
MACD : -2.64
Signal Line : -2.27
%D is 35.2
%K is 46.87
BBTop is 736.01
BBBot is 699.33
Simple Moving Average Short Term
SMA(15) is 717.72
Simple Moving Average Mid Term
Simple Moving Average Long Term
MCX Copper Interactive Real Time 5 Mins Intraday Chart
MCX Copper Overview
Copper is a soft, pliable and malleable metal. It is shiny and reddish-orange in appearance. It is the first metal used by humans thousands of years ago. It is known for its strength, flexibility, and high resistance to corrosion. These qualities of copper have made it the most preferred metal for electrical wiring in the buildings. It is the best conductor of electricity after silver.
Copper enjoys the status of “highly in demand” as it is the 3rd most consumed metal after aluminum and steel.
Copper is used in the following industries:
- Building and Construction
- Electrical and Electronics
- Roofing and Industrial machinery
Though it has extensive uses, it is still not viewed as currency, unlike gold and silver, and therefore it is not as expensive as precious metals.
Underground mines and recycled copper scrap are the principal sources of the global supply.
South America has the most considerable number of mines, and the highest production of refined copper comes from China.
The top miners of copper are:
As the global economy has grown and the need for infrastructure has risen, it has resulted in the increased demand.
The top consumers of copper are:
- The European Union
- The United States
Factors affecting the price of copper
It has a wide variety of uses in various industries; its prices reflect the strength of the economy.
The following four factors are the primary determinant of its price:
- Emerging Market: Emerging markets needs for housing, transportation, construction, and infrastructure grows at a fast pace, and it, in turn, pushes the demand for copper. As the demand increases, it further drives up the price. The slowdown in the economy hurts the price of the copper.
- US Housing Market: It is highly used in electrical wiring, roofing, plumbing fixtures, and insulation in the housing industry in the US. Thus, the demand for housing in the US directly affects the demand for copper in the USS. 50% of the demand in the US comes from its housing market; therefore, investors should pay close attention to the trend in the US housing market to predict future copper prices.
- Supply Disruptions: The factors affecting the supply of copper also affects its price. The political and environmental factors profoundly impact the costs of this base metal. The labor conditions and the political factors in the countries that are major suppliers of the copper play an essential role in determining the price. Events such as nationalizing the mining industry and labor strike lead to the disruption in the supply of it and thus push the prices high. Natural disasters such as earthquakes and landslides also slow down the output from mine. As the amount in the market reduces, it pushes the prices up and vice-versa.
- Substitution: Aluminum substitutes copper in power cables, electrical, and refrigeration equipment. Iron, lead, and Nickel also are suitable substitutes for it in some industries. The ease of availability of these substitutes dramatically determines the prices of it.
Reasons to invest in copper:
- Everlasting Demand: Due to its extensive usage in various industries, it is highly impossible to build infrastructure without copper. Therefore, the demand for it will last forever. It is one of the biggest reasons to invest in copper.
- Supply-Demand Imbalance: There is always an excess demand for it as there is distortion in supply due to mining restrictions and other factors. The investors can take advantage of this imbalance in demand and supply by investing in copper.
- Growing demand for housing: The need for it surges with the increase in demand for housing. The global housing demand is increasing at a fast pace as economies continue to grow. This growing demand for housing can be one of the reasons to invest in copper.
- The risk of investing: No investment is free from risk, and the same applies to copper. The two main risks that is associated with the investment are:
- Risk of the global recession: It will continue to be in demand until the economies continue to grow. However, if and when the recession will hit, the prices of copper will undoubtedly fall, and its demand will be severely affected.
- Substitutes: It faces the risk of being substituted by other metals. In the scenario of recession, the buyers are likely to move from it to the other cheaper options available in the market, and this will, in turn, affects the prices of copper more.
Contract Specifications of Copper
Contracts are available as per the Contract Launch Calendar
Contract Start Day
1st day of contract launch month.
Last Trading Day
Last calendar day of the contract expiry month
1 metric ton
5 paise per kg
Profit/Loss made for every ₹ 1 change
Monday to Friday
10.00 a.m. to 11.30/ 11.55 p.m
Minimum 4% or based on SPAN whichever is higher.
Contract Launch Calendar
Contract Launch Months
Contract Expiry Months
* Contract Launch Calendar Source MCXINDIA https://www.mcxindia.com/home
MCX Copper Price History
Get MCX Live Price of the major commodities listed on the multi-commodity change of India. Technical Live Price analysis & price charts of the commodity MCX Copper is researched every day and updated daily.