MCX Cotton Live Price Today
Here is the latest mcx cotton live price analysis and charts.
MCX Cotton Live Price as on 08/06/21
On the MCX, cotton futures price change is about 1.66% to previous day close 23990.00. The total volume of shares traded is 3219.00.
Over the last one week cotton price change is about 2.23%. Over the last 30 days, the price change is about 12.84%.
MCX Cotton Live Price Chart
MCX Cotton Trading System 1 :
How to Trade the MCX Cotton Intraday Signals Live Price Chart
BUY Trade Entry
Green up arrow & candle stick must trade above the yellow trend line.
BUY Trade Exit
Trail Stop-loss as per green dotted lines or stop loss price given in text box or when a candle stick crosses below the yellow trend Line
SELL Trade Entry
Red Down arrow & candle stick must trade below the yellow trend line.
SELL Trade Exit
Trail Stop-loss as per red dotted lines or stop loss price given in text box or when a candle stick crosses above the yellow trend Line
We also expect the commodity cotton futures to react on the above support and resistance levels for today.
*The below MCX Cotton Live Price Charts are updated every 10 mins with auto refresh.
MCX Cotton Trading System 2 :
How to Trade the MCX Cotton Multiple Super Trend Chart
BUY Trade Entry
When both super trend indicators are in uptrend. In other words two green stop loss lines below the candlestick.
BUY Trade Exit
When either of the super trend goes in downtrend.
SELL Trade Entry
When both super trend indicators are in downtrend. In other words two red stop loss lines above the candlestick
SELL Trade Exit
When either of the super trend goes in uptrend.
We have further improved the famous super trend strategy by using two different super trend indicators for generating trade call signals. The strategy increase profits by almost 70% by using two super trend indicators and also helps in exiting fast from the market when the trend is not intact.
Cotton Price Technical Analysis
Quant's Today Trend score for MCX Cotton is 6.00
* A trend score of greater than 5 signals that the commodity is bullish for the day while trend score of less than 2 signals bearish trend*
RSI is 74.87
MACD : 650.88
Signal Line : 555.61
%D is 93.96
%K is 89.94
BBTop is 25008.57
BBBot is 21371.43
Simple Moving Average Short Term
SMA(15) is 23561.33
Simple Moving Average Mid Term
Simple Moving Average Long Term
MCX Cotton Interactive Real Time 5 Mins Intraday Chart
MCX Cotton Overview
Cotton is used as fabric since ancient times. The industry got developed during Indus Valley Civilizations, and the method used to fabricate and spun cotton then continued to be in use until the industrialization of India.
Cotton fiber is soft and fluffy. It is found in tropical and sub-tropical regions all around the world, extensively used in the textile industry. It accounts for nearly 35% of the world’s total textile fiber used.
Two historical events- The Industrial revolution in England and The invention of the cotton gin in the United States changed the role of it in the world’s market. These two events worked as a catapult in turning it into the multibillion-dollar industry globally.
What has made cotton so popular?
Besides being soft and fluffy, its strength and capacity to absorb, washed, and dyed have made cotton the most used fiber in the textile industry. Because of its properties, it becomes adaptable to use in the large variety of textile products. It is also an essential raw material in various other industries.
Classification of Cotton
It is classified based on three parameters-
Stability, Grade, and Character.
Staple- Fiber is classified based on its length.
Grade-It ranges from coarse to premium, and it depends upon the color, brightness, and purity of the fiber.
Character- The fiber’s strength and uniformity define its role.
Seeds are sown in the spring season and harvested in the autumn season. It is grown in the warm climate of tropical and sub-tropical regions all around the world.
Top five producers of cotton are:
- The USA
Besides being in the top 5 producers, China is also among the top importers of the fiber.
Bangladesh, Vietnam, Turkey, and Indonesia are the other large importers of this commodity.
Uses of Cotton
The high demand for cotton worldwide is because it is a versatile fiber that can be put to the variety of applications.
The cotton fiber is used in the following ways:
- As Fabric: It can be woven or knitted into the range of fabrics and can be used to make clothing and other house-ware products of daily use.
- Cottonseed oil: Edible oil and used worldwide. It is the 5th most consumed oil in the world. Apart from being used in cooking, it is also used as a raw material in many industries. It is used for manufacturing- soaps, beauty products, pharmaceuticals, rubber, and plastics.
- Livestock feed: Seed is crushed to make a cotton cake that is used as livestock feed.
- Linter: Linters are the small fibers that remain in the cottonseed after processing. These linters are used to make- X-Rays, Bandages, swabs, and banknotes.
Factors that influence the price of the cotton
- Demand-Supply Scenario: Demand and supply of any commodity, including cotton, are the major determinants of its price. Its cost of production influences the price of it; inter-crop cost parity, national and international demand-supply scenario.
- Government Policies: The other major influencing factor of cotton price are the government policies on import and export, and minimum support price at which government is willing to buy it if there are no buyers in the market.
- Price of Cotton yarn: The cost of yarn dramatically depends upon the amount of cotton sold across the county. There is a strong positive correlation between the cost of the yarn sold in the country and the price of raw cotton.
- Weather conditions and other factors: Weather plays a vital role in determining the cost of all the agro-commodities, including cotton. Other factors, such as pests and crop diseases, also influence the production of the crops and its prices.
- Prices of substitutes: Prices of cotton are also influenced by the cost of its alternative, such as polyester.
PTA (purified terephthalic acid), a raw material used in the production of polyester, is majorly produced in China.
Cotton traders should carefully watch the market dynamics of PTA to predict the direction of future demand and rate.
- Oil Prices: The machinery and other equipment required to produce cotton require oil to operate; therefore, oil also influence the cost of production in producing cloth and directly affects its price.
Also, PTA is produced from oil and is further used to create polyester. The rise in oil makes polyester expensive and increases the demand for cotton.
- The US Dollar: It is priced in the dollar in the commodities market. Therefore, the movement in the dollar also significantly impacts the cost of cotton.
Reasons to invest in cotton:
- Strong Global Growth: As the global economies grow, the worldwide demand for cotton also surges.
- Inflation: Investing in an agro commodity like cotton is a good bet to combat inflation. During inflation, central banks increase the supply of the currency notes, and it, in turn, reduces the purchasing power of the fiat currency (viz.US Dollar, Euro, and Pound). In such a scenario, all the natural resources, including agro-commodities, retain their value.
- High Oil Prices: The prices of cotton and oil are highly correlated. As the price of oil rises, it will make polyester expensive and will raise the demand and rate for it.
- Considering all, it can be concluded that investing in cotton is a smart way to mitigate risk and diversify the portfolio.
Risk factors to be considered before investing in cotton
- Offload of stockpiles by China might have the negative impact on the price of cotton.
- Lowering the cost of its substitutes could drive away from the demand for it.
- Subsidies provided by the government to the cotton producers in many countries might result in the overproduction of it, and it can further lead to the decline in the prices of this commodity.
Contract Specifications of Cotton
Contracts are available as per the Contract Launch Calendar
Contract Start Day
1st day of contract launch month
Last Trading Day
Last calendar day of the contract expiry month.
Rs. Per bale (of 170 Kg)
Profit/Loss made for every ₹ 1 change
Monday to Friday
10.00 a.m. to 9.00 \ 9.30 p.m
Minimum 4% or based on SPAN whichever is higher.
Contract Launch Calendar
Contract Launch Months
Contract Expiry Months
* Contract Launch Calendar Source MCXINDIA https://www.mcxindia.com/home
MCX Cotton Price History
Get MCX Live Price of the major commodities listed on the multi-commodity change of India. Technical Live Price analysis & price charts of the commodity MCX Cotton is researched every day and updated daily.