MCX CPO Live Price Today
Here is the latest mcx cpo live price analysis and charts.
MCX Crude Palm Oil (CPO) Live Price as on 10/02/23 3:14:59 PM
On the MCX, cpo futures price change is about 0.00% to previous day close 1414.40. The total volume of shares traded is 0.00.
Over the last one week crude palm oil (cpo) price change is about 20.37%. Over the last 30 days, the price change is about 28.31%.
MCX Crude Palm Oil (CPO) Live Price Chart
MCX CPO Trading System 1 :
How to Trade the MCX CPO Intraday Signals Live Price Chart
BUY Trade Entry
Green up arrow & candle stick must trade above the yellow trend line.
BUY Trade Exit
Trail Stop-loss as per green dotted lines or stop loss price given in text box or when a candle stick crosses below the yellow trend Line
SELL Trade Entry
Red Down arrow & candle stick must trade below the yellow trend line.
SELL Trade Exit
Trail Stop-loss as per red dotted lines or stop loss price given in text box or when a candle stick crosses above the yellow trend Line
We also expect the commodity MCX CPO futures to react on the above support and resistance levels for today.
*The below MCX Crude Palm Oil (CPO) Live Price Charts are updated every 10 mins with auto refresh.
MCX Crude Palm Oil Trading System 2 :
How to Trade the MCX CPO Multiple Super Trend Chart
BUY Trade Entry
When both super trend indicators are in uptrend. In other words two green stop loss lines below the candlestick.
BUY Trade Exit
When either of the super trend goes in downtrend.
SELL Trade Entry
When both super trend indicators are in downtrend. In other words two red stop loss lines above the candlestick
SELL Trade Exit
When either of the super trend goes in uptrend.
We have further improved the famous super trend strategy by using two different super trend indicators for generating trade call signals. The strategy increase profits by almost 70% by using two super trend indicators and also helps in exiting fast from the market when the trend is not intact.
Crude Palm Oil (CPO) Price Technical Analysis
Quant's Today Trend score for MCX CPO is 6
* A trend score of greater than 5 signals that the commodity is bullish for the day while trend score of less than 2 signals bearish trend*
RSI is 91.68
MACD : 46.09
Signal Line : 22.63
%D is 100
%K is 100
BBTop is 1299.78
BBBot is 1000.12
Simple Moving Average Short Term
SMA(15) is 1169.89
Simple Moving Average Mid Term
Simple Moving Average Long Term
MCX Crude Palm Oil (CPO) Interactive Real Time 5 Mins Intraday Chart
MCX Crude Palm Oil (CPO) Overview
Crude Palm Oil is the raw form of edible oil extracted from the pulp of the palm tree fruit. As the fruit is rich in unprocessed Vitamin A, the pulp and subsequently the crude oil extracted from it are red. It is purified and combined with coconut oil to make a highly unsaturated form of vegetable fat. Its high unsaturated fat content makes it an unhealthy option for home cooking, but it is commonly used in the food manufacturing industry.
Southeast Asian countries are the largest exporters of crude palm oil (cpo). Apart from South East Asia, countries in West Africa and Brazil in South America produce, consume and trade crude palm oil globally. India is a net importer of cpo. In India, the trading of crude palm oil is done mostly through the port of Mumbai.
Importance of Crude Palm Oil
When compared to other commercial crops and oilseeds, crude palm oil is one of the cheapest edible oils to produce. Each hectare of palm trees yields up to ten tons of palm fruit. It is significantly higher than other palatable oil alternatives such as rapeseed, sunflower seeds, and soya. Thus, the use of it reduces the cost of food production for retail industries.
However, it may be used for food production only after a thorough process of refinement. There is also the great utility of the palm kernel cake and palm kernel oil, which are by-products from palm trees.
Crude Palm Oil Refinement
As mentioned earlier, it may not be used in food production or any other industry without proper refinement. The refinement of cpo leads to the creation of an odorless and transparent form of palm oil that has equal amounts of saturated and unsaturated fat content. It is then used widely in the manufacturing of confectioneries, margarine, chocolates, ice creams, and bakery products. The process of refinement includes –
It is a process of separating palm stearin and palm olein – the two most essential components of crude palm oil. In this stage, the it is cooled down by passing it through a chilling plant. The cooled oil may then be filtered to separate the components. By using chilling techniques, the crude oil may be segregated into liquid palm olein and palm stearin cakes.
The second stage of refinement is the crystallization process. At this stage, high melting glycerides are removed from the oil to prevent the oil from getting viscous and cloudy. A gradual reduction in temperatures causes the oil components to separate into small crystallized particles.
Top Producers of Crude Palm Oil
Eighty-five percent of the world’s crude oil production takes place in the equatorial region of the earth. We see a dominance of southeast Asian countries, areas in West Africa, and parts of Brazil producing most of the world’s supply of crude palm oil. Here is a list of the highest cpo-producing countries in the world –
Oil Production (million tons)
Apart from the countries mentioned above, South American countries like Guatemala and Ecuador have shown a rise in their production of crude palm oil in the last year. Global estimates say that up to sixty-two million tons of cpo were produced in the year 2015 through the cultivation of palm trees across seventeen million hectares in the equatorial region. The second-largest produced edible oil was soya oil. The world produced forty-eight million tons of soya oil in 2015, but soya plantations took up one hundred and twenty million hectares of land as compared to the seventeen million hectares used for crude palm oil.
In the last three decades, the production of crude palm oil has multiplied ten times. It is estimated that the world’s production of it is likely to increase by fifty percent by the year 2050.
Uses of Crude Palm Oil
As mentioned above, the industry use of crude palm oil is most prominent in food manufacturing for retail. It is refined to manufacture refined palm oil, which is colorless and odorless—then used as a raw material in making chocolates, ice creams, and other off-the-shelf food items.
However, there are many other industrial uses of crude palm oil (cpo). Few of them are listed below –
Consumer Retail Foods like chocolates, ice creams, candies, potato chips, etc. which require frying as a process of manufacturing use refined palm oil. Refined palm oil is a colorless and odorless edible oil. It helps to complete the frying process without affecting the flavoring.
Personal Care & Cosmetics: As it is rich in vitamins, it also comes in use for manufacturing personal grooming products such as skin creams and hair oils. Manufacturers usually add vitamin E rich ingredients and fragrances to it.
Biofuel & Energy: It is used widely for making bio-diesel this is fast gaining popularity as a renewable source of energy to replace fossil fuels around the world. Glycerin is a by-product of the process of producing bio-diesel from crude palm oil.
Animal Feed: Palm tree kernel cakes, which are procured from the palm tree fruit during the extraction of crude palm oil, are an excellent source of animal feed.
Factors affecting prices of Crude Palm Oil
- Supply & Demand trends: China, India, and Europe are the largest importers of crude palm oil. Any economic downturn in these regions or any global economic change, which adversely affects these regions is bound to lower the demand for cpo around the world. Less demand may lead to the lowering of prices of it profoundly affecting the major crude palm oil-exporting economies of the world – like Indonesia and Malaysia.
- Prices of other vegetable oils: Production and supply of other vegetable oils like sunflower, rapeseed, and soya also affect the prices of cpo. For example, if a natural calamity in the USA, Brazil, or Argentina (largest producers of Soya oil) brings the supply of soya oil down – it is bound to increase the demand for cpo and increase the prices.
- Climatic conditions: Just like all other commercial crops it is also susceptible to lower production due to unfavorable weather conditions. A sudden flood or drought in the equatorial regions of the world may bring the production of palm oil down and therefore lead to a rise in prices of this commodity around the world.
- Import Policies: Changing import policies of countries that consume and related products may adversely affect the demand for crude palm oil, thus leading to a fall in prices. For example, if a country passes a law making it compulsory for food manufacturers to mention it as an ingredient on all food products – it may discourage buyers who consider it as unhealthy. If the retail demand for such products goes down, it could have a ripple effect on the prices of crude palm oil.
- Taxes: Many times, it has been debated that countries importing crude palm oil should increase import duties and taxes on this commodity. The reason cited for this increase is to help protect their farmers from producing it. If such duties and taxes are imposed, it will lead to a rise in the export prices of crude palm oil around the world.
Crude Palm Oil is traded heavily on MCX and NCDEX but the largest derivatives market trading in CPO Bursa Malaysian Derivatives.
Contract Specifications of MCX CPO
Contracts are available as per the Contract Launch Calendar
Contract Start Day
1 st day of contract launch month. If 1st day is a holiday then the following working day
Last Trading Day
Last calendar day of the contract expiry month.
Profit/Loss made for every ₹ 1 change
Monday to Friday
10.00 am to 09.00 \ 09.30 pm
Minimum 4% or based on SPAN whichever is higher.
Contract Launch Calendar of MCX CPO
Contract Launch Months
Contract Expiry Months
* Contract Launch Calendar Source MCXINDIA https://www.mcxindia.com/home
MCX Crude Palm Oil (CPO)Price History
Get MCX Live Price of the major commodities listed on the multi-commodity change of India. Technical Live Price analysis & price charts of the commodity MCX CPO Crude Palm Oil is researched every day and updated daily.