MCX Mentha Oil Live Price Rate Today
Here is the latest mcx mentha oil live price analysis and charts.
MCX Mentha Oil Live Price as on 15/04/23
On the MCX, mentha oil futures rate change is about 0.00% to previous change 996.00. The total volume of shares traded is 0.00.
Over the last one week mcx mentha oil price change is about 1.89%. Over the last 30 days, the price change is about 7.24%.
MCX Mentha Oil Live Price Chart
MCX Mentha Oil Trading System 1 :
How to Trade the MCX Mentha Oil Intraday Signals Chart
BUY Trade Entry
Green up arrow & candle stick must trade above the yellow trend line.
BUY Trade Exit
Trail Stop-loss as per green dotted lines or stop loss price given in text box or when a candle stick crosses below the yellow trend Line
SELL Trade Entry
Red Down arrow & candle stick must trade below the yellow trend line.
SELL Trade Exit
Trail Stop-loss as per red dotted lines or stop loss price given in text box or when a candle stick crosses above the yellow trend Line
We also expect the commodity mentha oil futures to react on the above support and resistance levels for today.
*The below MCX Mentha Oil Live Rate Charts are updated every 10 mins with auto refresh.
MCX Mentha Oil Trading System 2 :
How to Trade the MCX Mentha Oil Multiple Super Trend Chart
BUY Trade Entry
When both super trend indicators are in uptrend. In other words two green stop loss lines below the candlestick.
BUY Trade Exit
When either of the super trend goes in downtrend.
SELL Trade Entry
When both super trend indicators are in downtrend. In other words two red stop loss lines above the candlestick
SELL Trade Exit
When either of the super trend goes in uptrend.
We have further improved the famous super trend strategy by using two different super trend indicators for generating trade call signals. The strategy increase profits by almost 70% by using two super trend indicators and also helps in exiting fast from the market when the trend is not intact.
MCX Mentha Oil Price Technical Analysis
Quant's Today Trend score for MCX Mentha Oil is 5.00
* A trend score of greater than 5 signals that the commodity is bullish for the day while trend score of less than 2 signals bearish trend*
RSI is 50.14
MACD : -1.73
Signal Line : 4.67
%D is 12.59
%K is 16.06
BBTop is 1041.10
BBBot is 896.00
Simple Moving Average Short Term
SMA(15) is 954.37
Simple Moving Average Mid Term
Simple Moving Average Long Term
MCX Mentha Oil Interactive Real Time 5 Mins Intraday Chart
MCX Mentha Oil Overview
Mentha oil is an essential oil extracted from aromatic herbs, through a steam distillation process. In India, mint leaves or pudina is the most common herb used to produce Mentha oil.
The botanical name of the herb source is Mentha arvensis, these leaves are processed to produce Mentha oil, menthol, peppermint and other derivatives. Mentha derivatives are commonly used in pharmaceutical industry, food manufacturing, perfumes and flavoring agents.
A chemical analysis of Mentha oil would reveal that the primary components of this essential oil are menthol, isomenthone, limonene, iso-menthanol and menthol acetate. From time immemorial mint leaves have been an essential part of ayurvedic treatments for respiratory diseases, inflammation and digestive disorders such as colic pain.
Mentha oil with its distinct aroma and medicinal properties is now a popular therapeutic element used in medicines around the world.
Importance of Mentha Oil
Mentha oil as an essential oil derived from herbs holds great importance in pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food manufacturing industry. The herb Mentha arvensis itself has held great significance in the Indian kitchens and the science of Ayurveda for ages.
Mentha oil is known to possess antiseptic, anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties which makes it a valuable ingredient for pharmaceutical products. Apart from stomach pains and chest pains, it is also good for treating an irritable bowel syndrome.
Cultivation & Production of Mentha Oil
The essential oil Mentha and the herb Mentha arvensis was brought to India from Japan in the nineteenth century. Since then, it has become an integral part of our culture as an important spice and medicinal herb. The Mentha herb is best grown in sub-tropical and tropical climates.
It grows perennially and may be harvested in the months of May to July.
India is the largest producer of Mentha arvensis and Mentha oil in the world. Other producers include China, Brazil and USA. The regions in India where the cultivation of this herb is most common, are: Uttar Pradesh, Himachal, Punjab, Haryana and Bihar.
Total cultivated area has been estimated to be more than one hundred and twenty five thousand hectares. The district producing and trading the highest amount of the Mentha herb is Chandausi in Uttar Pradesh.
India cultivates up to eight varieties of mentha out of which three are most widely exported to international markets, while the others are consumed in India. Up until 2013 the annual production of mentha oil in India was estimated to be forty five thousand tons.
Countries importing Mentha oil include UK, USA, Japan, France, Germany, Argentina and Brazil. Most countries import this essential oil for use in cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, food manufacturing, insecticides, room fresheners and perfumes apart from culinary use as a spice.
The process of extracting Mentha oil from the herb begins at the flowering stage of the Mentha herb. It comprises of steam distillation and filtration of dried leaves to obtain a golden yellow volatile oil. This natural oil yields up to fifty percent menthol and fifty percent dementholised oil – depending upon the species of the herb being used.
Usually it is the leaves and the flowering tips which are used in this process. Apart from steam distillation, hydro distillation and field distillation may also be used.
For production of menthol, the herbs are sent from farms to distilleries and the oil distilled oil is sent to a crystallization unit wherein menthol is separated from Mentha oil to be used separately.
Uses of Mentha Oil
Some of the important uses of Mentha oil are:
- Pharmaceutical Industry: Mentha oil exhibits antidepressant, stimulant, carminative, antiseptic, expectorant, antispasmodic, antioxidant, antimicrobial, antifungal, analgesic, detoxifying, anti-pruritic, diaphoretic and anti-flatulent properties. This makes it an important ingredient in all medicines relating to digestive disorders, respiratory diseases, fever and menstruation.
- Cosmetics: Mentha oil with its anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties proves very useful as a preventive drug for acne and pimple prone skin. Therefore, a lot of cosmetics manufacturers use Mentha oil as an ingredient in soaps, skin creams, moisturizers and anti-rash creams.
- Aromatherapy: Mentha oil is an important ingredient in aromatic products such as massage oils, perfumes and sprays. It is also widely used to manufacture room fresheners and to suppress the unpleasant smell of insecticides. Finally, mentha oil helps flavor tooth pastes and mouth washes to help fight bad breath and odor.
Factors influencing the price of Mentha Oil
- USD-INR rate: As for any important export, the value of the Indian rupee substantially influences the price of the commodity in the export market. Similarly, Mentha oil is susceptible to a price change depending upon the changes in currency valuation.
- International Demand: The price of Mentha oil depends heavily on the demand for the essential oil from the major importers. A fall in the demand for Mentha oil from Europe, US, China or Singapore may result in a change in the commodity price.
- Price of synthetic Mentha oil: Synthetic Mentha oil is a cheaper alternative to naturally distilled Mentha oil that India exports. If the price of synthetic oil changes, it is bound to influence the price of natural Mentha oil as well.
- Climate: Climatic conditions in the primary cultivation areas of the Mentha herb may influence the production quantity in a year. Heavy rains or a cold wave during the flowering season may change the crops oil yielding capacity.
- Consumption: A lot of pharma companies increase their demand for Mentha oil in the winter, while there is less demand in the summer season. This influences the price of Mentha oil.
- Stock: Existing stock of Mentha oil, carry forward stocks and stocks available with farmers are also a strong influencers of price of Mentha Oil.
Risks and reasons to invest in Mentha Oil
Mentha oil is an export oriented commodity which is traded on the MCX in India. As India is the largest exporter of this commodity, price volatility is an important risk to be considered when investing in Mentha oil.
In the past few years it has been observed that a fall in the production of Mentha Oil owing to low finances available to farmers or unfavorable weather conditions results in a surge in prices. One must keep in mind that the production of Mentha Oil is dependent on these conditions and may end up influencing the commodity price in the long run.
Similarly the risk of hoarding by farmers, distillers and other middle men in anticipation of a rise in prices may also render the prices of Mentha Oil volatile.
On the other hand, being a commodity predominantly produced and exported from India makes Mentha oil an attractive option for most investors. It is easier to understand the dynamics of this commodity and market conditions that may influence the price of Mentha Oil as the export hub of Mentha Oil is closer home.
Contracts are available as per the Contract Launch Calendar
Contract Start Day
1 st day of contract launch month
Last Trading Day
Last calendar day of the contract expiry month.
Per kilogram 1 kg
360 kg (2 drums)
Rs. 0.10 ( 10 paise )
Profit/Loss made for every ₹ 1 change
Monday to Friday
10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Minimum 4% or based on SPAN whichever is higher.
Contract Launch Calendar
Contract Launch Months
Contract Expiry Months
* Contract Launch Calendar Source MCXINDIA https://www.mcxindia.com/home
MCX Mentha Oil Price Rate History
Get MCX Live Price of the major commodities listed on the multi-commodity change of India. Technical Live Price analysis & price charts of the commodity MCX Mentha oil is researched every day and updated daily.