MCX Zinc Live Price Today
Here is the latest mcx zinc live price analysis and charts.
MCX Zinc Live Price as on 21/06/22
On the MCX, Zinc futures price change is about 0.06% to previous change 312.10. The total volume of shares traded is 165.00.
Over the last one week mcx zinc price change is about -3.96%. Over the last 30 days, the price change is about -5.69%.
MCX Zinc Live Price Chart
MCX Zinc Trading System 1 :
How to Trade the MCX Zinc Intraday Signals Chart
BUY Trade Entry
Green up arrow & candle stick must trade above the yellow trend line.
BUY Trade Exit
Trail Stop-loss as per green dotted lines or stop loss price given in text box or when a candle stick crosses below the yellow trend Line
SELL Trade Entry
Red Down arrow & candle stick must trade below the yellow trend line.
SELL Trade Exit
Trail Stop-loss as per red dotted lines or stop loss price given in text box or when a candle stick crosses above the yellow trend Line
We also expect the commodity zinc futures to react on the above support and resistance levels for today.
*The below MCX Zinc Live Price Charts are updated every 10 mins with auto refresh.
Zinc Trading System 2 :
How to Trade the Zinc Intraday Multiple Super Trend Chart
BUY Trade Entry
When both super trend indicators are in uptrend. In other words two green stop loss lines below the candlestick.
BUY Trade Exit
When either of the super trend goes in downtrend.
SELL Trade Entry
When both super trend indicators are in downtrend. In other words two red stop loss lines above the candlestick
SELL Trade Exit
When either of the super trend goes in uptrend.
We have further improved the famous super trend strategy by using two different super trend indicators for generating trade call signals. The strategy increase profits by almost 70% by using two super trend indicators and also helps in exiting fast from the market when the trend is not intact.
MCX Zinc Price Technical Analysis
Quant's Today Trend score for MCX Zinc is 2
* A trend score of greater than 5 signals that the commodity is bullish for the day while trend score of less than 2 signals bearish trend*
RSI is 31.5
MACD : -7.25
Signal Line : -5.31
%D is 14.66
%K is 15.27
BBTop is 340.31
BBBot is 292.6
Simple Moving Average Short Term
SMA(15) is 311.37
Simple Moving Average Mid Term
Simple Moving Average Long Term
MCX Zinc Interactive Real Time 5 Mins Intraday Chart
MCX Zinc Overview
Zinc is lustrous metal bluish silver in color. It is brittle at room temperature but is malleable above 100-degree centigrade.
It is known to be a fair conductor of electricity. It occurs naturally in Earth’s crust and is the fourth most widely used metal after Steel, Aluminum and copper. It is 24th most abundant element found in Earth’s crust.
Zinc is a vital nutrient that is essential for the growth and development of all living organism including plants, animals and other micro-organisms.
Zinc is well known as anti-corrosion agent and is therefore used widely to increase the life of buildings, automobiles, ships etc.
Zinc is found in many ores mainly Zinc Sulfide, Zinc Carbonate, Zinc Silicate, Manganese and Iron Compounds.
Zinc ores are concentrated, roasted and heated with carbon to produce Zinc. Zinc can also be separated from ores by the process of electrolysis. The annual worldwide production of Zinc is 11 million tonnes.
Top 5 Producers of Zinc
- The United States
There are two main supply channels of zinc- Mining (Primary Production), Recycling (Secondary Production). Most of the supply from primary production comes from China.
Five main uses of Zinc
- Galvanizing Material: As zinc is known for its high resistance to corrosion it is used as a galvanizing material to protect other metals from rusting such as iron and steel.
- Alloys: Zinc alloys are used in many industries. Some commonly used zinc alloys are
Brass- Brass is an alloy of zinc and copper and is used in the manufacturing of musical instruments, decorative items, screws etc.
The alloy of Zinc and Lead, Tin: Zinc, when alloyed with lead and tin, is used to make solder which is used to join electrical components, pipes and other metallic items.
Nickel silver, Typewriter Metal, Spring Brass and German silver some other common types of zinc alloys that have wide application.
- Die Casting: The hardness and strength, the low cost as compared to other metals, the high thermal conductivity, and full recyclability make zinc the most preferred and commonly used metal for die casting.
- Zinc Oxide: This versatile compound is put to the variety of uses from paint, rubber, plastics and batteries to cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and textiles.
- Zinc Sulfide: Zinc Sulfide is mainly used in X-ray screens, luminous paints and fluorescent light etc.
Factors influencing the price of Zinc
- Demand and Supply from China: Looking at the demand side, China is among the leading consumer of the metal. China is the fastest growing economy and uses the refined zinc that is used in galvanization of steel and iron in its construction and other in infrastructure projects. Therefore, the demand for zinc from China contributes majorly to the total world’s demand for zinc.
Looking at the supply side, China is not only the leading consumer but also the leading producer of the Zinc. The main production channel for Zinc in China is the mining. The poor air quality in China has forced the government to take steps to restrict mining as mining contributes majorly to the pollution.
If the supply of Zinc is curbed in China due to the restrictions on mining, it might raise the price of this metal.
- Global Stocks: London Metals Exchange keeps the record of the stocks of all the commodities. Traders can take a close view of the global stocks of the commodities and trade accordingly. In case the stock is piling and expanding, results in lowering the prices of the metal and on the other hand, a decrease in the stock results in the shortage, and thus prices might go up.
Another exchange where traders can check the inventories of commodities is Shanghai Futures Exchange (SHFE).
- Cost of Production: Production of Zinc from mining and separating it from the ore requires a large amount of coal, electricity and crude oil. Thus, the price of Zinc largely depends upon its cost of production and the prices of the raw material used.
Reasons to invest in Zinc
- Expanding Economies: World economies are growing. There is a demand for iron and steel in construction and other infrastructure projects. Zinc is used to galvanize iron and steel to protect them from rusting and increase the life of buildings, automobiles and other products in which they are used as a raw material. Therefore, there will an increase in demand for zinc too.
- Diversify portfolio: Zinc is the fourth most commonly used metal and therefore its demand is everlasting until the economies continue to grow. It can be added to the portfolio to diversify the risk.
- Hedge against Inflation: As Zinc is priced in the dollar it offers a good bet to combat the weakening dollar and hedge against inflation.
The risk of investing in Zinc
- Global Recession: Global recession will curb the demand for this metal as there will be a halt in construction and other infrastructure projects as the economy slows down.
- U.S. Economy: As the metal is priced in dollar its price gets affected by the economy in the United States. The higher interest rates in U.S and strong dollar have the negative impact on the demand and price of the commodity.
Contract Specifications of Zinc
Contracts are available as per the Contract Launch Calendar
Contract Start Day
1 st day of contract launch month
Last Trading Day
Last calendar day of the contract expiry month.
Rs. per kg
5 paise per kg
Profit/Loss made for every ₹ 1 change
Monday to Friday
10.00 a.m. to 11.30/ 11.55 p.m
Minimum 4% or based on SPAN whichever is higher.
Contract Launch Calendar
Contract Launch Months
Contract Expiry Months
* Contract Launch Calendar Source MCXINDIA https://www.mcxindia.com/home
MCX Zinc Price History
Get MCX Live Price of the major commodities listed on the multi-commodity change of India. Technical Live Price analysis & price charts of the commodity MCX Zinc is researched every day and updated daily.