MCX Lead Live Price Today
Here is the latest mcx lead live price analysis and charts.
MCX Lead Live Price as on 20/01/22
On the MCX, lead futures price change is about -0.52% to previous day close 186.60. The total volume of shares traded is 1585.00.
Over the last one week mcx lead price change is about -0.59%. Over the last 30 days, the price change is about 0.16%.
MCX Lead Live Price Chart
MCX Lead Trading System 1 :
How to Trade the MCX Lead Intraday Signals Live Price Chart
BUY Trade Entry
Green up arrow & candle stick must trade above the yellow trend line.
BUY Trade Exit
Trail Stop-loss as per green dotted lines or stop loss price given in text box or when a candle stick crosses below the yellow trend Line
SELL Trade Entry
Red Down arrow & candle stick must trade below the yellow trend line.
SELL Trade Exit
Trail Stop-loss as per red dotted lines or stop loss price given in text box or when a candle stick crosses above the yellow trend Line
We also expect the commodity lead futures to react on the above support and resistance levels for today.
*The below MCX Lead Live Price Charts are updated every 10 mins with auto refresh.
MCX Lead Trading System 2 :
How to Trade the MCX Lead Multiple Super Trend Chart
BUY Trade Entry
When both super trend indicators are in uptrend. In other words two green stop loss lines below the candlestick.
BUY Trade Exit
When either of the super trend goes in downtrend.
SELL Trade Entry
When both super trend indicators are in downtrend. In other words two red stop loss lines above the candlestick
SELL Trade Exit
When either of the super trend goes in uptrend.
We have further improved the famous super trend strategy by using two different super trend indicators for generating trade call signals. The strategy increase profits by almost 70% by using two super trend indicators and also helps in exiting fast from the market when the trend is not intact.
MCX Lead Price Technical Analysis
Quant's Today Trend score for MCX Lead is 1.00
* A trend score of greater than 5 signals that the commodity is bullish for the day while trend score of less than 2 signals bearish trend*
RSI is 44.28
MACD : -0.10
Signal Line : 0.13
%D is 25.90
%K is 17.69
BBTop is 190.81
BBBot is 183.59
Simple Moving Average Short Term
SMA(15) is 186.97
Simple Moving Average Mid Term
Simple Moving Average Long Term
MCX Lead Interactive Real Time 5 Mins Intraday Chart
MCX Lead Overview
Lead is a soft, lustrous, and dense metal that is found in abundance in the Earth’s crust. It is highly malleable, ductile, and has a low melting point. A poor conductor of electricity. Highly resistant to corrosion and therefore is an essential component in battery production. It is one of the earliest metals that was discovered by humankind. It can absorb radiation well, and therefore it is preferred metal for many industries. It is used in many industries ranging from X-Rays to piping and roof material.
Production of lead:
Two methods of production are
- Primary Production (Mining)
- Secondary Production (Recycling)
Mining involves extracting the metal from ores deep in the underground mines.
Many minerals contain lead, but the primary three minerals that are extracted commercially for lead production are
- Galena, in its purest form, contains only sulfur and lead. It is the most common mineral that is extracted for production. The other traces of metals found in Galena are silver, copper, cadmium, antimony, arsenic.
- Cerussite is also known as the White lead.
- Anglesite occurs when Galena is oxidized
Most of the lead (approx 95%) is produced by extracting one of these minerals.
Ores that contain these minerals are usually rich in the deposits of other valuable metals such as zinc and silver. Therefore, it is often produced as a byproduct of mining zinc and silver.
There are three steps involved in the primary production of lead.
- Ore Concentration: Ores of lead and zinc occurs together and often contain other precious metals like gold, silver and copper too. Therefore, the first step in the primary production is to separate the lead from the other metals.
- Smelting: The lead particles are then mixed with other substance like lime and sandstone. This mixture is then heated at a high temperature, and it produces a brittle material called Sinter which is lead oxide, but it also contains zinc, iron and silicon oxides. The Sinter is then broken into pieces and add to the blast furnace along with coke fuel and is heated at the very high temperature. It further produces a molten lead.
- Refining: It is commercially viable only when it is 99-99.99% pure. The molten lead produced is only 95% pure. Refining is done to remove the additional impurities to make it commercially viable. At this stage, it can either be generated in block or as an alloy for specific industrial uses.
Secondary production involves recycling of items containing lead. Almost 50% of the total lead produced is from recycled material.
Top 5 lead producing countries
Top 5 countries having most lead reserves
Main Uses of Lead
- Batteries production: It is an essential component in the production of batteries due to its high resistance to corrosion and other unique chemical properties.
- Building Protective Shield: It is capable of absorbing electromagnetic radiation, and thus it is used to construct creative shields around X-ray equipment, Nuclear reactors, containers transporting radioactive material.
- Ammunition: It has significant usage in the ammunition industry for two reasons: i. Availability in abundance. ii. Its high ductility, malleability and density make it preferred metal in making bullets.
- Other Uses: It is extensively used as cable covering and roofing material. Lead oxide is used for the manufacturing of beautiful crystal glass.
Factors that drive the lead prices
- Chinese demand: China consumes the 40% of the total annual lead produced. The sudden growth in the Chinese economy has sparked the costs and consumption of many industrial commodities. Chinese power consumption data gives a clear indication about the future price of lead. Therefore, it should be closely watched by the traders.
- Global Stock Piles: The information on London metal Exchange about the stock of all the metals decides their price in the market. Surplus stocks have a negative impact on the price whereas the deficit of any metal can shoot its price high.
- Demand Outlook: Demand is a vital factor in determining the price of any commodity. As lead storage batteries are in high demand, and so is the metal. It makes the price high for this metal.
Reasons to invest in lead
- • Growing demand for automobile
- • Portfolio Diversification
- • Good bet against inflation and Weak US dollar
Risk of investing in a lead
- Health Concern: Many pieces of research have proven that it is toxic to the human body. The growing health concern may eventually lead people to switch to alternatives.
- Competing Technologies: Lithium-ion batteries are the leading competitors to lead-acid batteries as a power storage space. However, these lithium-ion batteries are expensive and do not work better in high power vehicles, but they have successfully replaced lead-acid batteries in many automotive applications.
- Global recession: the Global recession is another concern which might be a cause of worry to the prospective traders. The global slowdown will undoubtedly curb the demand and prices of many industrial commodities, including lead.
Contract Specifications of Lead
Contracts are available as per the Contract Launch Calendar
Contract Start Day
1 st day of contract launch month. If 1st day is a holiday then the following working day
Last Trading Day
Last calendar day of the contract expiry month.
Rs. per kg
5 metric tonnes (5000 kgs)
5 paise per kg
Profit/Loss made for every ₹ 1 change
Monday to Friday
10.00 a.m. to 11.30/ 11.55 p.m
Minimum 4% or based on SPAN whichever is higher.
Contract Launch Calendar
Contract Launch Months
Contract Expiry Months
* Contract Launch Calendar Source MCXINDIA https://www.mcxindia.com/home
MCX Lead Price History
Get MCX Live Price of the major commodities listed on the multi-commodity change of India. Technical Live Price analysis & price charts of the commodity MCX Lead is researched every day and updated daily.